Flexible packaging producing management system
Flexible packaging producing management system EdasPack
Development platform: FileMaker Pro
EdasPack is a large Moscow printing house specializing in flexible packaging producing. The company owns a wide fleet of prepress, printing (flexography) and post-printing equipment, which allows to realize a closed production cycle. Among the regular customers of the company are the largest Russian producers (dairy products, frozen products, sweets, ice cream, drinks, snacks, chips, etc.)
Flexible packaging producing management system EdasPack - integrated ERP-system, covering the entire production cycle of the company, from preliminary calculation to planning and monitoring the implementation of production tasks, as well as stock accounting. For most company employees, the program is the main and daily tool for monitoring and performing their work.
The main modules of the system are:
- Clients base accumulates information about all clients
- Calculations - preliminary calculation of the order cost, based on the parameters provided by the client
- PrePress - control of the prepress service
- Orders - order formation
- Production - the formation of production tasks, production planning and control
- Production workplaces - for each production operation (printing, lamination, cutting, etc.), a separate interface is provided (a specialized operator’s workplace) to account for the performed work, manufactured products and used materials
- Warehouse - warehouse inventory of materials
- Paint - control of the production and accounting of paint
- Employees - employee base and access control
- Reports - the formation of various reports based on data in the system, including payroll reports for employees on the piecework wage system
- Finance - a separate application to control the receipt of payments and expenses, control receivables. Includes iOS-interface “workplace of the leader” for quick and visual receipt of financial information on the iPhone screen
Here are some features of the system:
- All designs must go through a checklist before they go into production. The checklist can be changed in the program settings. The system stores information about all changes in checklist, who, when, what.
- Based on the specification, an annex to the contract is formed. You can send a letter directly from the program with the attached PDF file of the application to the contract.
- Packaging consists of specification and design. The program checks the compliance of the values in the matching fields and reports if the design and specifications are not compatible.
- Each circulation has an indicator showing how ready it is for launching into production.
- The circulation parameters determine the production operations included in it. For each operation, the planned duration is calculated, as well as the planned start and end times.
- Based on the parameters of the circulation and reference books of norms, the consumption of materials and their cost are calculated on the basis of price reference books, the cost of circulation and the planned profit
- For packaging, designs and circulations, a commenting system is provided that allows you to save a history of discussion of production parameters and save all relevant information for the future when you repeat the order
- All production operations form queues according to their types. The employee of the planning department arranges them in the necessary order, taking as the basis the printing operation. The remaining operations can be set automatically. The program calculates the planned time of all operations for each circulation. Thus, the system allows you to plan production for a sufficiently long time “forward”
- Workplaces are adapted for use on iPad tablets
- For employees using specialized workplaces, work time is controlled: the beginning and end of a shift, the beginning and end of adjustment, the beginning and end of an operation. In the event of a downtime, the operator also marks its beginning, completion, and cause.
- For a preliminary assessment of the cost of work and discussion of prices with the client, the module “Calculations” is used. Calculations and circulations can be compared with each other. Based on the calculations, you can formulate a commercial offer to the client in the form of a price table.
- For the interaction between the sales department and the prepress service, the Tasks module is used. Tasks are used to formalize tasks for preparing layouts for printing and exchange information between employees about customer requirements
- The system allows you to consider not only your own warehouse, but also the warehouse of the manufacturer (supplier of materials). The system is built on the basis of requests from managers, which after “turn” into an order for the production of material, and then into an order for shipment from the supplier.
The system is in constant development, new modules and functions are added.
Innovations of 2018: a financial module, including a manager’s specialized workplace for iPhone, a new interface for displaying the circulation list with information on each operation, an end-to-end commenting system.